Webseite Technische Universität Dresden
“Friedrich List“ Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences
At the Institute of Transport and Economics, the Chair of Big Data Analytics in Transportation is seeking to employ a
Research Associate / PhD Student (100% / 1 FTE)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L).
The position is available starting October 1, 2021 and initially for 3 years with the option of extension (duration of employment according to WissZeitVG). The position comes with the aim of obtaining an academic qualification (e.g., PhD).
Your tasks at the chair include:
- Teaching support (in German and English)
- Examination support
- Supervision of seminar papers and theses
- Administrative tasks of the chair
We are looking for a graduate in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Transportation Economics (focus: Data Analytics, Econometrics or Optimization), Information Systems, Mathematics or a comparable course of study. In addition to a university degree with very good grades and substantial skills in data analytics, we expect knowledge of the relevant programming languages (especially R and/or Python) and in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following topics:
- (Large-Scale) Data Science (including Data Analytics, Stream Mining, Deep Learning, Visualization)
- Machine Learning (e.g., AutoML, Algorithm Selection / Configuration, Feature Selection, Hyperparameter Optimization, Uncertainty Quantification, Robustness, FederatedLearning)
- Explainable AI / Interpretable Machine Learning (e.g., comprehensibility of algorithmic behavior, social impact of algorithms)
- Optimization (e.g., evolutionary, multi-objective, mixed-integer, large-scale)
- Benchmarking (e.g., performance evaluation, problem characterization)
- Route planning (e.g., vehicle routing, traveling salesperson problem)
- Time series analysis
We request very good English skills as well as a strong passion for answering to and developing solutions for data analytical questions. German language skills and some initial experience in answering questions related to transportation and/or economics are desirable, but not mandatory. The same applies to university teaching (for example, by supervising tutorials), scientific work and/or the implementation of collaborative software projects (including the use of Git, Docker, etc.). We are looking for a proactive and highly committed team-player.
Applications by women are particularly welcome. The same applies to persons with disabilities.
If you fit this profile, we look forward to receiving your application by July 30, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) by mail to: TU Dresden, „Friedrich List“ Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Institute of Transport and Economics, Chair of Big Data Analytics in Transportation, Prof. Dr. Pascal Kerschke, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden or via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single-pdf document to email@example.com. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be pro-cessed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org